Guidelines for safe social distancing are being updated as we learn more about COVID19 and how to reduce the risk of transmission. We will try to keep these recommendations updated as guidance continues to come out. Please follow the guidelines below when enjoying the outdoors:
Safe Hiking Guidelines
- In accordance with Governor Lamont’s Executive Orders 7 and 7R, DRLT trails and grounds are open for solitary outdoor enjoyment.
- Social and recreational gatherings of more than five people are prohibited at this time.
- If you are not feeling well, stay home.
- The CDC recommends staying at least six feet apart from other people.
- Warn other trail users of your presence and step off the trail to allow others to pass in order to maintain at least a six-foot distance between you and other hikers.
- Consider wearing a mask for the protection of others.
- As always, bring a water bottle and carry any trash out with you.
- There are no bathrooms on DRLT properties; please plan accordingly.
Click here for Connecticut DEEP COVID19 updates: https://portal.ct.gov/DEEP/State-Parks/COVID-19-Updates-CT-State-Parks-and-Forests